Last updated: April 21, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or I, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
I (referred to as either "I" or "My" in this Agreement) refers to Nessa Carson and SuperScienceGrl.
- Website refers to SuperScienceGrl, accessible from https://supersciencegrl.co.uk
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Me. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Me to facilitate the Website, to perform services related to the Website or to assist Me in analysing how the Website is used.
Personal Data are any information that relate to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refer to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using My Website, I may ask You to provide Me with certain personally-identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to Usage Data.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the Website pages that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, I may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
I may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit the Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of the Website. All cookies are not sent directly by SuperScienceGrl, but from third parties such as Google Analytics or Twitter.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
I use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Me via third parties
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Me via third parties
Purpose: These Cookies allow Me to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
I may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website, including to monitor the usage of the Website.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about, unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: to attend and manage Your requests to Me.
I may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: I may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of the Website.
- With Business partners: I may share Your information with My business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
Retention of Your Personal Data
I will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data are generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when these data are used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Website, or I am legally obliged to retain these data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed where the third parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
I may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of SuperScienceGrl
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use reliable means to protect Your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Website's service does not address anyone under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Me with Personal Data, please contact Me. If I become aware that I have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, I will take steps to remove that information from the relevant third-party servers if possible.
If I need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, I may require Your parent's consent before I collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.